- External quality assurance of apprenticeships
- Long term assurance of technical qualifications
- The Quality Strategy
- End-point Assessment Reasonable Adjustments Guidance
- Directory of professional and employer-led bodies
- External quality assurance transition
- Quality Alliance meeting minutes
- Pause to starts on apprenticeships with no end point assessment organisation (EPAO)
IfATE and DfE are moving to a position where apprentices should only start on an apprenticeship where an end point assessment organisation (EPAO) is confirmed.
It follows our commitment to improving the quality of end-point assessments (EPA) and securing the best experiences and outcomes for apprentices.
This will require starts to be paused on a limited number of apprenticeships with no EPAO in place, and no apprentices currently on the programmes.
It means apprentices will not be able to begin on them until an EPAO is found.
Banners have been placed on IfATE’s website confirming that the following ones are subject to this new approach:
- Assistant puppet maker - ST0476
- Electronic systems principal engineer - ST0681
- Historic environment advisor - ST0831
- Knitted product manufacturing technician - ST0910
- Marine surveyor (degree) - ST0772
- Marine technical superintendent (degree) - ST0623
- Network operations - ST0503
- Pest control technician - ST0429
- Port agent - ST0544
- Post production engineer - ST0933
- Power and propulsion gas turbine engineer - ST0790
- Probate technician - ST0102
- Props technician - ST0174
- Specialist rescue operative - ST0487
- Storyboard artist - ST0489
- VFX artist or technical director - ST0902
- Lead traffic management operative - ST0985
- Costume technician - stage and screen - ST0783
Published 2 November 2023
Last updated 2 November 2023