- About the Institute
Institute for Apprenticeships contact information
Institute for Apprenticeships
151 Buckingham Palace Road
Institute for Apprenticeships
5 Quinton Rd
Telephone (between 9am - 5pm) : 07384521076
Freedom of Information
Make an FOI request
Data protection – your rights
Personal information charter
Our personal information charter contains the standards you can expect from the Insitute when we ask for and hold your personal information.
We collect personal information to enable us to carry out our functions as a non-departmental crown public body.
If we ask for your personal information, we will:
- tell you the reasons we’re asking for it
- only ask for the information we need
- make sure we don’t keep it for longer than necessary
- protect it and make sure only the appropriate people have access to it
- let you know if we’ll share it with other organisations
- keep it up to date where necessary
- consider privacy risks when we’re planning to change the way we use or hold it
- train our staff to ensure we use and protect it properly
How to find out what personal information we hold about you
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018, you are entitled to ask us:
- if we’re processing your personal data
- for a description of the data we hold about you
- the reasons we’re holding it and any recipient we may disclose it to, for example public bodies, government departments, and or relevant stakeholders.
- for a copy of your personal data and any details of its source
How we process your personal data
All staff receive training on how to handle personal information confidentially. Staff that handle large volumes of personal data receive in-depth training.
When we share personal information
We may get information about you from other people such as public bodies, government departments, and or relevant stakeholders.
We may share information we hold about you with certain organisations where the law allows it, or if we have a legal obligation to do so.
There may be some circumstances where we’ll need to share information about you with others without your consent. For example, this might be to prevent or detect a crime, to comply with our obligations under safeguarding laws, and to carry out a public task. In all cases, we’ll comply with all data handling legislation including the Data Protection Act 2018.
Your correspondence will be forwarded to the relevant public bodies, government departments, and or relevant stakeholders to provide a response if your query is not for this Institute, unless you tell us otherwise.
How long we’ll keep your information
We will only keep your information for as long as necessary after which point we will securely destroy it.
There are circumstances where we may keep your information for research and statistical purposes. We have measures to safeguard this information.
You’re also entitled to ask us to change the information we hold about you if it’s wrong. Please let us know as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information.
If you want to see your personal data, you should make a ‘subject access request’. If you want more information about how we process your personal data, then please contact the data protection officer using the following email address: Enquiries.IFA@education.gov.uk.