Our Environmental Policy Statement
We are committed to complying with all relevant legislation and government policy, particularly the Greening Government Commitments 2021 to 2025, and improving our environmental performance.
As our office space is shared with DfE, we will comply with policies and procedures on sustainability which apply to our use of shared spaces, we will act as an advocate for more sustainable practices within this construct and we will promote sustainable practices in all our other activities and behaviours, notably travel.
To this end we will:
- work towards heading to net zero by 2050 by undertaking our activities in a manner that seeks to reduce our resource consumption and associated carbon emissions
- work with employers to ensure that our apprenticeship and technical education products appropriately embed sustainability in the knowledge, skills, and behaviours of occupational standards
- when travel is necessary, we will seek to maximise the use of public transport through our travel and expenses policy. We will look to monitor our CO2 emissions and manage the use of Vehicle Hire to minimise carbon emissions where possible
- provide the tools for staff to keep paper consumption to a minimum, and through digital working we will achieve our business objectives in a way that manages the need to travel to and between offices with the use of our “Hybrid working model”
- continue to include social value in 100% of our procurements. Additionally, we will continue to procure sustainable products and services with the aim of achieving the best long-term, overall value for money for society
- where practical, use the Crown Commercial Service framework contracts where suppliers’ compliance with environmental standards has been established
- ensure that IfATE’s relevant environmental performance data is represented through DfE’s annual reports
This policy statement will be reviewed and approved by IfATE on an annual basis or more frequently in the event of significant changes to our business. In addition to these provisions that we can directly influence, we will be monitored and reported on by the Department.
Last updated 22 May 2023