A T Level is split into three main sections:
- technical qualification (TQ) is the main, classroom-based element. Students will learn about their chosen sectors through a curriculum designed by employers and developed by an awarding organisation (AO).
- industry placement runs for a minimum of 315 hours (45 days) overall and will give students practical insights into their sector and an opportunity to embed the knowledge and skills learned in the classroom.
- English, maths and digital provision are also built into the classroom-based element of the T Level, meaning students will be given a solid foundation of transferable skills.
Craft and Design
Expected TQ occupational specialisms and year of delivery
- Jewellery maker - 2023
- Ceramics maker - 2023
- Furniture maker - 2023
- Textiles and fashion maker - 2023
Date approved – TBC
Expected to be available from – September 2023
Awarding Organisation - NCFE
Outline Content - Craft and Design
Mandatory additional requirements - TBC
Provider information - NCFE Provider Information
The overall grade is subject to completion/achievement of all T Level requirements – not just the components of the technical qualification (TQ).
T Level grades are worked out from students’ grades for the technical qualification core and occupational specialisms.
As well as passing the relevant technical qualification, the following elements are required to achieve an overall T Level grade:
- industry placement: This will be arranged and verified by the provider offering the T Level. For more guidance on next steps for provider visit GOV.UK
- students are required to work towards improving attainment in maths and English if they have not already achieved grade 4 at GCSE or equivalent. Where students have attained, or attain during the course of the T Level, maths and/or English qualifications at level 2, this will be referenced on any T Level certificates and/or statements of achievement’
Students who do not pass all elements of their T Level will get a T Level statement of achievement which will show the elements they have completed.
TQ occupational specialisms with the relevant standards and occupations
- Craft assistant