INTERESTED IN BECOMING AN APPRENTICE?
IfATE's website lists all the apprenticeship standards available for employers to offer, but we do not list apprenticeship vacancies.
We can signpost you to the right place if you are thinking about becoming an apprentice.
To become an apprentice:
- you must be 16 or over, not already be in full-time education and live in England.
- you can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job.
- you can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- learn and train for a specific job
- get paid and receive holiday leave
- get hands-on experience in a real job
- train off-the-job for an average of 6 hours per week
- study, usually at a college, university or with a training provider
- complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- be on a career path with lots of future potential
Published 24 November 2023
Last updated 1 December 2023