T Level consultations
- Consultation on the draft outline content for the craft and design T Level
- Provider consultation on the draft outline content for the Craft and design T Level
- Consultation on the draft outline content for the T Level in Agriculture, Land Management and Production
- Consultation on the draft outline content for the T Level in Animal Care and Management
- Provider consultation on the Agriculture, Environmental and Animal Care route
We welcome views on the draft outline content for the T Level in the Agriculture, Environmental and Animal Care route – Agriculture, Land Management and Production (containing Crop Production, Floristry, Habitat Management - Land and Water, Land-based Engineering, Livestock Production, Ornamental and Environmental Horticulture and Landscaping, and Tree and Woodland Management and Maintenance specialisms). This content has been developed by T Level panels of experts and will be used by awarding bodies to develop this technical qualification.
T Levels are new two-year, technical study programmes that will be available across 11 industry routes. Alongside apprenticeships and A levels, T Levels will be one of the three major options available to students aged 16 – 19.
T Level panels of experts set out the knowledge and skills required for each T Level, based on the same occupational standards as apprenticeships. This ensures that individuals taking T Levels can develop the technical knowledge and skills required by employers in that industry.
The first three T Levels (in Education and Childcare, Construction and Digital) will be available for delivery to students from September 2020.
We are now consulting on the outline content for further T Levels, which will be rolled out from 2023 onwards. The Agriculture, Land Management and Production T Level will be among them.
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education oversees the development and approval of the standards, qualifications and occupational maps for T Levels and apprenticeships. In addition to their role in approving apprenticeship standards, the Institute’s Route Panels - made up of employers and industry experts – are scrutinising the outline content for all T Levels. The Institute will also award and manage contracts for the development of T Levels.
Why we are seeking your views
- Crop Production specialism
- Floristry specialism
- Habitat Management (Land and Water) specialism
- Land-based Engineering specialism
- Livestock Production specialism
- Ornamental and Environmental Horticulture and Landscaping specialism
- Tree and Woodland Management and Maintenance specialism
We are seeking your views to help ensure that the content captures the right knowledge, skills and performance outcomes that will enable students to enter employment within their chosen occupational specialisms. Our Route Panels of employer experts will take your views into consideration when scrutinising the outline content documents.
The consultation has closed
What happens next
We will consider your responses as we scrutinise the outline content for the above T Level.
We will publish the final content for this T Level pathway in January 2021.