The Institute regularly reviews apprenticeship standards to ensure they are high-quality, fit for purpose and deliver for employers and apprentices. We want to hear from you about how these standards are working and where we can make changes for the benefit of apprenticeships and T Levels. At the same time we are also asking for your views on the occupational map relating to the same route. This is because the maps will set out the technical education landscape now and in the future.
Review of the Creative and Design Route
The review of the occupational map and apprenticeship standards for the Creative and Design route commenced on 31 July.
The standards in scope for the review are:
- ST0055 - Bespoke Tailor and Cutter
- ST0395 – Watchmaker
- ST0383 - Spectacle maker
- ST0285 - Junior Journalist
- ST0342 - Outside Broadcast Engineer
- ST0256 - Live Event Rigger
- ST0346 - Assistant Technical Director - visual effects
- ST0347 - Junior 2D Artist - visual effects
- ST0341 - Broadcast Production Assistant
- ST0106 - Creative Venue Technician
- ST0105 - Junior Content Producer
- ST0328 - Bespoke Saddler
- ST0382 - Organ builder
- ST0255 - Live Event Technician
- ST0532 - Publishing Assistant
The consultation for this route closed on 24 September. These standards will be assessed against the Institute’s current approval criteria taking into consideration feedback from the consultation. We will also review the occupational map.
We will announce the recommendations from the reviews in early 2020.
If you have any questions about this review or have any further feedback, please contact us.