- Agriculture environmental and animal care
- Business and administration
- Care services
- Catering and hospitality
- Creative and design
- Education and childcare
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Hair and beauty
- Health and science
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Protective services
- Sales marketing and procurement
- Transport and Logistics
Education and childcare
This section summarises the occupations that have been added and removed from the Education and Childcare occupational map as a result of the consultation, and responds to additional comments that were submitted.
Breakdown of respondents
Summary of responses
Respondents proposed additional occupations for inclusion on the map, and after analysis, the following occupations have been added as standards awaiting development:
- Early Years Assistant (Level 2)
- Early Years Teacher with Early Years status, which has replaced the Early Years Professional at the Professional level
The following occupations were proposed for inclusion; however Institute and route panel analysis concluded that they were likely to be covered by existing standards or standards under development:
- Children’s Mental Health Assistant (Level 5)
- Teaching Support (Level 5)
- Special Needs Assistant.
The following occupation was proposed for inclusion, however Institute and route panel analysis concluded that there is insufficient evidence at this time for this to be considered as an occupation for the development of an apprenticeship standard:
As referenced above, respondents suggested that Learning and Development Consultant/Business Partner has be moved to the Business and Administration map. Following consultation with the respective route panels, this has been moved.
Respondents requested that the Secondary/Tertiary Support Assistant cluster be re-named to Primary/Secondary/Tertiary Teaching and Support Assistant. This change has now been made.