There are a series of terms and conditions that we will expect awarding bodies to adhere to when receiving the higher technical qualifications brand and quality mark. These include:
- conditions of application, which must be met and accepted by an awarding body at the point of application
- conditions of approval, which must be accepted by an awarding body at the point that the application is approved and met thereafter for the duration of approval.
- The duration of approval
- Making changes to qualifications including those proposed by awarding bodies and those resulting from changes to occupational standards made by employers
- Circumstances in which approval will be withdrawn
- Use of branding and the quality mark
Upon submitting an application by 16 December, we will ask awarding bodies to agree to the conditions of application (section 3 in the document).
We will ask awarding bodies to agree to the conditions of approval (section 4 in the document) at the end of the process. By this point, further conditions will be added relating to the brand and quality mark. We will also keep the conditions of approval under review during the first approvals process.