Higher Technical Qualifications
- What is a Higher Technical Qualification?
- Introduction and scope of approval
- Approved Higher Technical Qualifications
- Approvals criteria
- Approvals process and timelines
- Application form
- Higher Technical Qualifications - cycle two
- Higher Technical Qualifications - cycle two public consultation
- Changes to qualifications
- Copyright Transfer, Branding Guidelines and T&Cs
- Support and resources
We are seeking your views on the qualifications submitted to the Institute’s approvals process for Higher Technical Qualifications. The Institute has implemented the approval process to ensure that these qualifications meet the needs of employers and learners. Through this approval process, the Institute will award a quality mark to signal to employers and learners those qualifications offer genuine quality and are aligned to employer-led occupational standards.
We are currently reviewing the first batch of qualifications submitted for first teaching in September 2023. A second public consultation will take place in late September.
As part of the approvals process, we publicly consult on the proposed Higher Technical Qualifications for 4 weeks. We want input from a range of stakeholders on whether the qualifications meet employer needs. Your feedback will be used by the Institute, including our Route Panels of employers, alongside other supporting evidence to make an approvals decision.
Please review the qualification submissions listed below and answer the corresponding questions.
This consultation opens on 24 August 2021 and closes 24 September 2021
What you need to do
Please complete a separate survey for each qualification and/or occupational standard you want to feedback on. You will find the organisation’s application form and supporting evidence on our website. When completing the survey, please look at the application form and the supporting evidence to reach a judgment and provide us with answers on our short survey. If you have any questions or require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before giving us your feedback on the qualifications,
- you will need to access the survey form from the links below
- you will need to access and review the contents of the qualification application form
- you will need to access and review supporting evidence submitted by the organisation
Please see the below list of awarding bodies and submitted qualifications for public consultation.
Please check your responses as you will not be able to edit them once submitted.
- NCFE - NCFE CACHE Level 4 Diploma: Healthcare Science Associate
- NCFE NCFE Level 4 Diploma: Network Engineer
- NCFE NCFE Level 4 Diploma: Digital Accessibility Specialist
- NCFE NCFE Level 4 Diploma: Cyber Security Engineer
- NCFE NCFE Level 4 Diploma: Data Analyst
- NCG FdSc Physical Education and Sports Coaching
- University of Brighton Certificate of Higher Education Data Analyst
- University of Brighton Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE) Cyber Security Technologist
- NCG FdSc Healthcare Practice
- University of Brighton Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE) Software Developer
Questions and contact details
If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to contact the team by email email@example.com