Higher technical qualifications
- What is a higher technical qualification?
- Introduction and scope of approval
- Approvals criteria
- Application form
- Approvals process and timelines
- Consultation on applications for digital higher technical qualifications
- Copyright transfer
- Changes to qualifications
- Terms and conditions of approval
- Support and resources
We are seeking your views on the qualifications being proposed by Awarding Bodies. The government set out its plans to reform higher technical education in its consultation in July 2019. The Institute has implemented a new approval process to ensure that these qualifications meet the needs of employers and learners. Through this approval process, the Institute will award a quality mark to signal to employers and learners those qualifications offer genuine quality.
We are currently reviewing digital qualifications which we will approve prior to first teaching in September 2022.
As part of the Institute’s approvals process, we will publicly consult on the proposed Higher Technical Qualifications for 4 weeks. We want input from digital stakeholders on whether the qualifications meet employer needs. Your feedback will be used by the Institute, including our Route Panels of employers, alongside other supporting evidence to make an approvals decision.
Please review the qualification submissions listed below and answer five questions on whether they meet employer needs.
This consultation closes on 10 February 2021
What you need to do
Please complete a separate survey for each qualification and/or occupational standard you want to feedback on. You will find the Awarding Bodies’ application form and supporting evidence on our website. When completing the survey, please look at the application form and the supporting evidence to reach a judgment and provide us with answers on our short survey. If you have any questions or require further information, please contact email@example.com.
To provide feedback on the submissions please select the qualification from the list below and read the application and supporting documents. You can then follow the link in each qualification to the consultation to provide your feedback.
Please check your responses as you will not be able to edit them once submitted.
List of Awarding Bodies and submitted qualifications for public consultation.
- University of Plymouth - HND Computing
- University of Plymouth - FdSc Computing
- University of Plymouth - FdSc Software Development
- Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education - FdSc Software Development
- Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education - FdSc Digital and Technology Solutions
- Staffordshire University - FdSc Computer Science
- Leeds City College - Foundation Degree in Computer Science
- Leeds City College - Foundation degree in Software Development
- Leeds City College - Foundation degree in Cyber Security
- BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT - BCS Level 4 Diploma in Data Analysis Tools and Concepts
- The Open University - Diploma of Higher Education in Computing and IT
- NCC Education - NCC Education Level 4 Diploma In Computing
- New College Durham - FdSc Software Development
- New College Durham - FdSc Computing with Networking
- New College Durham - FdSc Business Computing
- New College Durham - FdSc.Cyber Security
- Warwickshire College - FdSc Computer Networks and Cybersecurity
- Nottingham Trent University - Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE) Software Development
- NCG - FdSc Networking and Cyber Security
- University Centre Somerset - Foundation Degree: FD Computing and Digital Technologies
- Blackpool and Fylde College (Lancaster University) - FdSc Network Engineering (Systems Administration)
- Pearson Education Ltd - BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Computing
Questions and contact details
If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to contact the team by email firstname.lastname@example.org