Developing apprenticeship standards
- Developing new apprenticeship standards – overview
- Forming a trailblazer group
- Developing an apprenticeship occupation proposal
- Developing and writing an apprenticeship occupational standard
- Developing an end-point assessment plan
- Allocating a funding band
- Apprenticeship builder & submissions
- The approvals process
- Promoting new apprenticeship standards
- Apprenticeship standard consultations
- Pilot Digital Review consultation
The consultation has now closed
Pilot Digital Review
We are analysing your feedback
The Institute is very grateful to those who have provided feedback as part of the Pilot Digital Review.
Your comments will help shape apprenticeship standards to ensure that future apprentices are developing the skills required across the Digital Sector, both now and in the future.
In the region of 200 responses have been received from a broad range of stakeholders across the Digital Sector.
We are analysing your feedback and this will help inform the final decisions across the Digital Route.
A final report will be published in the New Year, detailing the outcome of the review
Consultation on Digital Apprenticeship standards forming part of the Pilot Digital Review.
This consultation ran from 20 September 2018 to 18 October 2018.
Consultation overview (closed): Click to view
On 20 September 2018, the Institute began the statutory review of existing standards on the Digital route.
Further information on the statutory reviews can be found here.
As part of the review, we are consulting on the standards on the Digital Route that were approved for delivery prior to the establishment of the Institute. The review will focus on the occupational standard in the first instance. We intend this as a proportionate approach with revisions to the assessment plan and funding band being made if necessary, dependent on the scale of change.
How you can help
We would very much appreciate feedback on the apprenticeship standards in scope of the review, listed below. We have created a short questionnaire to gather the insight of employers, apprentices, providers and other key stakeholders on each of the occupational standards, which you can read in full by accessing the relevant link.
The consultation will be open from 20 September 2018 until 18 October 2018.
Standards in scope for the pilot digital review include:
- ST0114 - Cyber Intrusion Analyst
- ST0124 - Cyber Security Technologist
- ST0118 - Data Analyst
- ST0119 - Digital & Technology Solution Professional
- ST0125 - Infrastructure Technician
- ST0117 - IS Business Analyst
- ST0127 - Network Engineer
- ST0116 - Software Developer
- ST0128 - Software Development Technician
- ST0129 - Software Tester
- ST0130 - Unified Communications Technician
- ST0131 - Unified Communications Trouble Shooter
What Happens Next
Your feedback will be considered as part of the review process by the Digital Route Panel and the Institute’s Board and will help inform the final decisions across the route. Your input will help to shape the apprenticeship standards moving forward. A final report will be published in the New Year, detailing the outcome of the review.