29 July 2019
- The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (the Institute) has today launched the Hair & Beauty Route Review. The review will look at apprenticeships in the Hair and Beauty sectors.
- This is the latest in a series of reviews the Institute is undertaking across all sectors
- The review will ensure the apprenticeship continues to include high quality training that delivers the skills the employer and the apprentice need to thrive
Today (29 July) the Institute has launched a review of the Hair and Beauty route.
Today also marks the launch of an eight-week public consultation, in which there is an opportunity for anyone interested in the development of the apprenticeship to get involved, including employers, providers and apprentices.
The review will run until early 2020 when the Institute will publish its recommendations. Adequate time has been allowed to ensure the Institute can consult with as many people as possible about this popular apprenticeship.
Ana Osbourne, Deputy Director for approvals at the Institute said:
On behalf of the Institute I want to thank the employers who have been involved in developing the apprenticeship standard in this route. We are looking forward to seeing the responses from consultations, which will support the recommendations from the review. These reviews ensure that we are offering the best quality training and meet the needs of both employers and apprentices.
Paul Edmonds, Route Panel Chair for the Hair and Beauty sector, said:
It is great that we will be reviewing the Hair and Beauty route to make sure it is fit for purpose and appeals to future apprentices. I want to encourage as many stakeholders as possible to work with us on these reviews so we can all benefit.
- The occupational map and standard being considered under this review is:
- Level 2 Hair Professional
- You can take part in the Hair and Beauty consultation on our website which closes on 22 September
- The first Route Review was for Digital Apprenticeships in September 2018. The recommendations to emerge from this were announced in May. To find out more see https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/about/news-events/institute-ensures-apprenticeships-fit-for-a-modern-workforce/